all you need for relocation to scotland
Buying a property in Scotland
May 25, 2014 at 12:21 AM
Between February and April 2014 the number of homes sold across Edinburgh, the Lothians and Fife rose by 39% (source ESPC). Seller activity is also up and although some areas have seen sharper growth in prices, these offset declines observed a year ago.
Here's a quick step guide to buying a property in Scotland.
1) Find out how much you can borrow by talking to the mortgage adviser at your bank.
2) Choose the best mortgage deal to suit your circumstances
3) Appoint a solicitor
4) Find a property and assess its condition by reading their Home Reports
5) Once you found your dream house, ask your solicitor to make an offer on your behalf
6) Once your offer has been accepted te mortages details need to be finalised. Your solicitor/bank will do it.
7) Your solicitor will arrange the necessary paperwork to complete the missives (the binding contract).
8) Get an insurance for home and content
9) Time to move in!
Can't find what you're looking for?
Try the search, another category, or register to contribute.