Administrative Tasks

all you need for relocation to scotland: edinburgh

Administrative Tasks

How do I get a social security number in Edinburgh and Scotland? What’s the address? Opening hours? What documents do I need to bring?

How do we get married in Edinburgh? What forms do we need? Who do we need to speak to? Where do we need to go?

Where should we go to register a birth? What do we need to do? When?

Should I register with my consulate? Why?

These are a few of the legitimate questions you may be asking yourself if you are coming to live, work and study in Scotland and Edinburgh. You'll find in the administrative section all the informations you need to ensure that you have all the right forms ready and you know what to do, where and when.

Hopefully you won't need this but should you have to register a death, I'll also explain what to do and how to get help.

Find out more about:


Administrative Tasks

Key to symbols

child-friendly-32.png Ideal for families gold-star.png Our rating system of 1-5 stars
did-you-know.png Did you know? warning-32.png Important alert
practical-info.png Timesaving information disabled-access-32.png Accessibility

What's new?

In Scotland, it is an offence to sell alcohol to anyone under the age of 18 unless the landlord (in a pub, hotel club, off-…